Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) uses science to study behaviour, but how can you use ABA to help your family?
This introductory module outlines the principles of ABA so that you can apply them to your everyday life. Maybe your child has been struggling with their morning routine or challenging behaviours have arisen at school; ABA could help you better understand your child's behaviour and provide you with tools for managing behaviours in socially significant ways.
This module is presented by a BCBA and covers the following topics through a video presentation, instructor lesson plan, and glossary:
- What is ABA?
- The seven dimensions of ABA
- Understanding behaviour and the environment
- Why use ABA?
- ABA is not...
- Therapies based on ABA principles
- Components of a strong ABA program
- Compliance code for behaviour analysts
Interested in learning more? Check out the other videos in our caregiver education series! We recommend the Intro to ABA Bundle, which is perfect for beginners.
Looking for additional support? We also offer individualized caregiver education sessions led by members of the TIPES clinical team. Complete our inquiry form to get started today!
What is ABA?
How to Unzip Files/Folders
This digital download includes:
- A recorded video presentation led by a TIPES senior therapist and BCBA (.mp4)
- A written instructor lesson plan based on the presentation (.pdf)